I hope you had a great weekend. Friday, I was so tired I pretty much fell asleep the minute I got home. Then Saturday, I had a slow and relaxing day, but managed to clean my entire apartment. I realized that my mind always feels so cluttered and so many thoughts are constantly running through my head so it really helps when my space is clean and clear. And then on Sunday, I had a productive blog day and also started “You” on Netflix. My friend Liz has been talking about it since it came out so I finally decided to give it a try. So far, Eddie & I are three episodes in and are fully invested!!
Today I wanted to share 10 things about me you may not know. For the most part, I try to keep my content pretty structured or I’m sharing one personal story per post or random things I’m loving in my Friday posts. So I just wanted to share some random facts about me for my new and returning readers so you can get to know me better. Something other than the fact that I love pineapples, Harry Potter, Disney & bubble tea.
This year I am all about peeling back the layers in terms of what I read and what I share. I’ve been finding myself gravitating towards blogs and posts that share personal stories or behind the scenes tidbits or fun facts because I love seeing the real person behind the photo and behind the blog. And in turn, I’m also trying to share more personal and meaningful content. I feel like the number one problem people have with social media is that it’s not “real.” And honestly, I love creating and sharing beautiful photos. I think that’s what a platform like Instagram is. It’s one photo, it should be your best photo and you should have fun creating and editing a photo. But, that doesn’t mean you can’t get real in the words you write and put out there. Which is why I’ve started pairing my outfit photos with structured posts rather than just talking about my OOTD.
Okay, I’m going off on a tangent, so here are…
10 Things About Me You May Not Know.
- I used to want to be a pediatrician. It was something that I thought I wanted since I was a little girl. I even did an internship in high school in an emergency room with three other students and it was there that I realized this wasn’t right for me. The other three interns all had a reason why they wanted to go into the medical field and had a clear vision of their path and I didn’t have a reason or a clear vision. It was there that I realized I always loved fashion, but didn’t know you could make a career out of it.
- I don’t have my drivers license. I grew up in NYC and never needed one or thought twice about it. I feel like the right of passage was getting a real metro card rather than a student one lol.
- The love of my life, my little 10 lb chihuahua Kenny that I’m always talking about is not actually my dog. He’s Eddie’s dog.
- I started a YouTube channel back in 2011. My first ever video was posted on June 27, 2011 and was a Victoria’s Secret & Forever 21 haul. It’s kind of embarrassing to look back on! But, it’s one of my biggest regrets not keeping up with it because I was growing consistently and now YouTube has changed so much that it’s harder now to grow. But, honestly YouTube is my first love and I have such a soft spot for it and it’s something I still want to do.
- My all time favorite meal is Mac & Cheese with BBQ pork.
- For college, I knew I wanted to get out of the city, but I specifically picked Virginia because it was where my mom spent a lot of time when she came to the U.S and we would vacation there and I have family down there.
- I would pick gummy candy over chocolate any day. I would pick juice and tea over soda. And I would pick sorbet or something fruity over ice cream.
- If I’m home alone or in public alone, I always need music or the tv on or a podcast playing because I hate being alone in silence.
- But, on the other hand, when I’m working, like on my blog, I have to work in silence or listen to instrumental music. I used to be able to watch shows or listen to music, but now I find it too distracting.
- So random, but I’ve always wanted to visit California. I have no family or relation to the state, but I just feel like I would love it and it would be the place for me.
I hope you enjoyed today’s post! It’s so hard to sit down and think “What are some random things about me?”
Thank you so much for reading. Have a great week!