It’s been a while since my last Friday Favorites post. With the weather being so cold and it being pre daylight savings time, I was stuck in a rut and unmotivated. But, since the sun is finally shining and it’s been a while since my last Friday favorites roundup, I finally have something worthy to share, so here we go!
FIVE FRIDAY FAVORITES
Leaving Victoria’s Secret
If you follow me on Instagram, you may have seen I recently left my job at the Victoria’s Secret corporate office. I’ve been pretty vocal here on the blog and on social media how much I loved my job and the people I worked with and the company itself. But, my position and the company have changed so much over the last year and I found myself getting too comfortable, not being challenged, feeling stuck and overall feeling in a rut.
So when an opportunity came knocking on my door, as cheesy as it sounds, it just felt like a sign. Leaving was a really hard decision because I really did love the people and my experience there and it was truly bittersweet. I was very emotional on my last day especially seeing so many people come to wish me good luck and say goodbye and bring gifts or write me emails. I’m always in my head and my own world so for people to make me feel special and valued, it was just really nice.
I’m a little sad at the moment, but I’m also a mix of hopeful, excited and even scared, if we’re being honest, on my next steps. I’ll definitely keep you guys updated when I get settled into my next position.
I decided to take a week off before I started my new journey. Pretty much everyone around me was telling me it would be the best thing to do and I’m happy I listened. I was feeling a little burnt out and I just needed some me time and time for me to just be lazy and do what I want. This week, I stayed home and slept in, ate everything in sight, took naps with Kenny, and binge watched The Real Housewives of NJ, re-watched the Taylor Swift concert several times and flipped through random YouTube videos. Plus I got my hair cut, bought a new couch for my apartment, bought new notebooks for my new job and I’m just feeling really refreshed.
Pineapple Face Mask
This was a gift from my boss on my last day at work. I had tried the Sephora clay masks, but have yet to try their sheet masks. I have a complicated love/hate relationship with sheet masks. I feel like I don’t necessarily see differences because it’s a one and done kind of thing. I also hate taking it off after 10 minutes and throwing it away. I just feel like I’m wasting it and there is still so much product to be used. Like I said, complicated. But, I was excited about this one because I am obsessed with pineapples and this mask did not disappoint. It smells so good!! And it felt really good on the skin. Again, I didn’t see any big skin differences, but I like the way it made me feel. It made me feel so bougie and relaxed and like I was at a spa so I may pick up more just because I like the experience.
Morphe Store Opening
They just opened a new Morphe store at my local mall and I’m so excited. If you follow the beauty community on YouTube, you know Morphe is always talked about. Good or bad, they are everywhere and on everyone’s radars. I’ve enjoyed the products I’ve tried in the past and I really appreciate the price point, but I always hated ordering online and paying for shipping. So I’m so happy about the store opening and it did not disappoint! I picked up the new Jeffree Star collab sponges which are amazing and the setting spray which I love so far. They also sell Jeffree’s brand in stores so I picked up another liquid lip. I’m just really excited and can’t wait to try more of their products.
Everyone has been complaining about daylight savings this week and I just don’t know why! Granted, I had the luxury of sleeping in and relaxing at home this week, but still, I love daylight savings. The sun is out longer and when I leave work it won’t look and feel like midnight anymore. I suffer from seasonal depression and I truly thrive in the sun and in warm weather so just having the sun out and feeling like spring is within reach is making me so happy.
My mind is fully on spring and my upcoming trip to Puerto Rico. I don’t know if the current weather agrees with my mindset, but all I can think about is spring fashion.
I’ve been doing a lot of online “window” shopping lately, i.e I’m scrolling through every site although have yet to make a purchase. And I figured the best way to share my spring picks would be to organize them by retailer. So today I’m sharing what I’m eyeing from Urban Outfitters, which shockingly has some amazing pieces and Abercrombie & Fitch, which you know is one of my favorite brands.
I’ve been running low on all of my favorite skincare items so I’ve been dipping into the different samples I’ve received from my Sephora Play box. So I wanted to share what I’ve loved so far and what I plan to purchase the full size version of.
- This moisturizer smells like roses and applies so nicely.
- Living for this hair mask. I normally don’t pay much attention to haircare products since my hair is just straight and flat, but I loved how soft and refreshed this made my hair feel.
- These gold eye masks are so fun and feel so good on the skin. They also have a rose gold version.
- I’m late to the vitamin C serum train, but I really like how this one made my skin look.
I’ve also been looking to pick up a new fragrance and after running around Sephora smelling everything, I’ve narrowed it down to three options, all from Jo Malone. I think this one is my favorite, but I also love this one and this one.
Watching… I’ve never been a big Marvel/Superhero movie kind of gal although my boyfriend is obsessed with the franchise. But, this week I was on quite the Marvel kick so I googled a list of the best order to watch the movies in and Eddie & I have been working through it. I have a major crush on Captain America! But, more on brand, I’ve also been binge watching The Real Housewives of NJ on Hulu, keeping up with the current season of The Real Housewives of NYC and watching the current season of RuPaul’s Drag Race. There is a Vietnamese queen this season and she is everything!!
Listening… I’ve just been listening to Taylor Swift honestly. I’ve been watching her Netflix concert special on repeat and my family has gone on strike because of it, but I’ve just been on a Taylor kick.
Reading… I am embarrassingly behind on my 100 book goal but anyways I’m finishing up Matchmaking For Beginners by Maddie Dawson and about to start Match Made in Manhattan by Amanda Stauffer. My all time favorite read of 2018 was Playing With Matches by Hannah Orenstein so I’ve been on quite the “matchmaking” book kick lately.
HAVE YOU READ?
- When I opened up to my doctor about my anxiety, he recommended looking into Cognitive Behavioral Therapy. I’ve yet to take the plunge, so I really appreciated Arielle opening up about her CBT experience. It was so relatable I wanted to cry, especially when she talked about her fear of flying.
- Kacie is my girl. I just adore her and I’m loving her tips on how to get what you want in 2019. It’s seriously easier than you think.
- I just discovered Tiny Love Stories from The New York Times and I can’t get enough. Some stories are so cute they will make you cry, some will make you laugh and some are just cringeworthy, but I can’t get enough.
- Caitlin makes me want to book a Palm beach vacation ASAP.
- I’m living for Julia’s March collection. Give me all the dresses & jumpsuits!
- I start my new job on Monday. I am a big mixing bowl of emotions. Scared, excited, nervous and hopeful so please send all good vibes my way!
- I also spent this week trying to get ahead of blog posts since I know I struggle managing the blog when big life things are happening so it won’t be radio silent over here next week. I’m especially excited because I keep talking here on the blog about wanting to update my desk space and I think I’m finally done!! I really love the outcome and I’m finally sharing my work area next week.
- This weekend, Eddie & I will probably continue our Marvel marathon. It sounds cheesy, but we spent a lot of time together this week and I’m really enjoying his company. He really is such a sweetheart.
That’s all for me! Thank you so much for reading and stopping by. Hope you all have a great weekend!